GM's strike could hurt Michigan's economy if it doesn't end soon, Ford is almost certainly building two cars based on VW's electric car platform, Germans are protesting against SUVs after a fatal crash, and much more. Here's what you need to know for The Morning Shift of Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019. Advertisement 1st Gear: The General Motors Strike Could Tank Michigan's Economy: Report Roughly 50,000 members of the United Auto Workers went on strike just before midnight on Sunday night, closing 33 manufacturing plants in nine states and 22 parts warehouses according to ClickOnDetroit . The reasons for the strike are multifaceted, including UAW members' concerns about pay and health care, particularly at a time when GM's profits are fat and yet assembly plants like like the ones in Lordstown and Hamtramck face a daunting future. You might imagine that so many employees holding picket signs instead of wrenches could have far-reaching economic effects, and indeed, the Detroit News claims that, per experts on the matter, if this strike lasts more than a week, it could tank Michigan's economy. From the news site: With 14 manufacturing sites blocked by picket lines, Michigan is at the greatest risk of a decline… Read full this story
- General Motors issues second battery recall for 69,000 Chevy Bolts
- Coronavirus: Trump orders 'time-wasting' General Motors to make ventilators
- Woke Companies Mark Juneteenth While Reportedly Profiting from China's Muslim Slave Labor
- The impact of Joe Biden's new fuel economy rules
- Drama over the debt ceiling is the last thing America's economy needs
- Carl Levin, Michigan’s Longest-Serving Senator, Dies At 87
- The Biden Team Wants to Transform the Economy. Really.
- Carl Levin, Michigan's longest-serving senator, has died at 87
- Trump says Michigan governor blames "everyone else for her own ineptitude' after she says medical equipment "delayed"
- GM Is Shipping Full-Size Pickups With Worse Fuel Economy
The General Motors Strike Could Tank Michigan’s Economy: Report have 311 words, post on jalopnik.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.