Serena Williams is back in the US Open final for another crack at equalling the all-time grand slam record. The 37-year-old American steamrollered Elina Svitolina 6-3 6-1 on Arthur Ashe to reach her fourth major final since becoming a mother two years ago. She lost the previous three, including that acrimonious match with Naomi Osaka here last year, as well as two Wimbledon finals, meaning she remains tantalisingly one short of Margaret Court’s record tally of 24 grand slams. On this form and in this mood – and barring another 2018-style meltdown – she does not look like falling short again. Svitolina had boyfriend Gael Monfils firing down serves at her on the practice court beforehand to prepare for the power of Williams, and had a clear game plan to move the American around the court.
- SEE IT: Eurosport mistakenly airs promo hyping Serena Williams-Flavia Pennetta U.S. Open final
- Serena Williams cruises to U.S. Open final, crushes Sara Errani 6-1, 6-2 at Flushing Meadows
- Serena Williams wins another U.S. Open, proves too much for Caroline Wozniacki - and everyone else
- Serena Williams upset in U.S. Open semifinals by unseeded Roberta Vinci, ending quest for historic calendar Grand Slam
- Serena Williams repeats as U.S. Open champion by beating Victoria Azarenka in final
- 'Mentally tired' Serena Williams grinding through U.S. Open
- Serena Williams advances at U.S. Open, rallies to beat Bethanie Mattek-Sands in three sets
- Caroline Wozniacki seeks major moment vs. Serena Williams at U.S. Open
- '#BlameDrake' becomes trending topic after Serena Williams' U.S. Open loss ends calendar grand slam bid
- Serena Williams steamrolls over Galina Voskoboeva en route to U.S. Open third round
Serena Williams dismantles Elina Svitolina to reach US Open final have 272 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.