Vietnam is being encouraged to focus more on developing a skilled workforce, the domestic private sector, and improvement of regulations to attract companies on the Fortune Global 500 list to serve the new development era. Vietnam prepares itself for the new development era to attract more FDI Losing an hour in a 10km-long traffic jam, Marcel Reymond, head of economic co-operation at the Embassy of Switzerland in Vietnam, eventually reached the National Convention Centre to attend last week’s Vietnam Reform and Development Forum 2019 (VRDF 2019) – an event attracting around 500 domestic and international experts worldwide. “I tried to manage the time well despite the heavy traffic. If I was a company owner, I would lose a lot of money because I had to wait for my materials for my staff,” he said. “If Vietnam wants to attract companies on the Fortune Global 500, the country will need better infrastructure, among many other things.” New approaches needed Infrastructure was one of the key drivers that international experts included in their recommendations for Vietnam to increase its attraction to the Fortune Global 500. Other recommendations include private sector development, human resources, and legal reforms. Echoing Reymond’s view, David Dollar, senior… Read full this story
- What got Xiaomi to Fortune Global 500? Its youth, says Manu Kumar Jain
- Marketing Manager, Global IP Network (GIN)
- Inside China's audacious global propaganda campaign
- Can Carbon Credits Slow Global Warming?
- Dell Accelerates Toward 2020 Legacy of Good Goals
- Colin Kaepernick’s Nike ads are just one piece of a bigger ‘reckoning’ in the fashion industry
- Unconventionally Cool: A Beams-Powered Corolla Wagon
- Inside the bad math that lets Coca-Cola say it gives back all the water it uses
- Tinder’s owner doesn’t expect old people to stay on Tinder
- How to conduct an ICO without a team: “Out-of-a-box” solutions review
Reaching high for the Fortune Global 500 have 291 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.