The annual paragliding festival, themed “Flying over the golden paddies”, is part of the activities within the 2019 Muong Lo Tourism-Culture Week and the Mu Cang Chai Terraced Field Festival. With flights staring in a sea of clouds at the peak of the Khau Pha Mountains, standing 1,200 metres above the sea level, participants have a chance to marvel at the beautiful terraced rice fields under their feet, as well as enjoy spectacular mountain views and fresh air. Mu Cang Chai has 500 hectares of rice terraces, cultivated for centuries by the Mong ethnic minority people in La Pan Tan, Che Cu Nha and De Xu Phinh communes. Local terraces are among the 2,500 hectares recognised as a national heritage site in 2007 by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The area’s elevation makes farming methods from delta regions impossible to execute. The terraced fields make the most of the water supply by preventing it from flowing downhill. The area is beautiful all year round. In March, the unplanted ponds glitter. Locals plant rice seedlings from April to May. After May, the green hills nurture their crop until the fields start to turn yellow with ripe rice in early September. During the… Read full this story
- Two-week village festival returns after 25-year break
- Diwali 2018 – Here’s why Hindus celebrate the festival of lights and the origins of the day
- Raksha Bandhan 2018 – when is the Indian festival, how is it celebrated and what is its meaning?
- Ban Flower Festival 2018 to open in Dien Bien
- Vinh Phuc to host 10th ethnic culture festival
- Children gather in Hoi An for international festival
- Ban Flower Festival 2018 honours traditional cultural values
- Vinh Phuc province records robust economic results in eight months
- Phu Quoc to host Vietnam’s biggest electronic music festival
- Diwali 2018 Photos: Hindu Festival Of Lights Celebrated In India, The World
Paragliding festival returns Yen Bai province have 296 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.