Mr. Cao Luong Tri, a long-standing pangasius farmer in Cho Moi District in An Giang Province, lamented that pangasius fish farmers earned high profits last year but this year they were empty-handed. His family had around 500 tons of material pangasius fish which are ready for harvest but he could not sell his fish due to low prices which would cause him to lose VND3,000-VND5,000 per kilogram.
Amid the situation, the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers forecast that this year pangasius export turnover is estimated at $2.23 billion and will hardly reach the target of $2.4 billion set by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
By Ngoc Dan – Translated by Thuy Doan
- Pangasius fish price drops to ten year low
- Prices of tra fish plunge, breeders suffer huge losses
- Pangasius fish price drops, market fluctuates
- Dragon fruit farmers in Binh Thuan suffer huge losses
- Edinburgh museums and galleries suffer huge losses after cost cuts fail
- Catfish breeders call for help as fish prices plummet
- Tra fish farmers incur huge losses on price drop
- Pangasius fish price increases in Mekong Delta
- Pangasius fish price touches rock bottom