The departments of Agriculture and Rural Development of provinces in the Mekong Delta on September 16 said that the prices of material pangasius fish continued to maintain at low level, disadvantaging fish farmers and export enterprises. Firms and traders were buying pangasius fish at VND19,500-VND21,000 per kilogram, much lower than buying rates in the same period last year, causing huge losses for several fish-farming households. Mr. Cao Luong Tri, a long-standing pangasius farmer in Cho Moi District in An Giang Province, lamented that pangasius fish farmers earned high profits last year but this year they were empty-handed. His family had around 500 tons of material pangasius fish which are ready for harvest but he could not sell his fish due to low prices which would cause him to lose VND3,000-VND5,000 per kilogram. The prices of pangasius fish drop heavily, causing losses for several fish-farming households (Photo: SGGP) The prices of material pangasius fish dropped drastically as export situation encountered difficulties since the beginning of this year, of which the US market fell by more than 50 percent in the first eight months of this year. Amid the situation, the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers forecast that this year… Read full this story
- Stocks suffer second day of huge losses, Dow drops 545 points
- Dow plunges 831 points as stocks suffer worst loss in eight months
- Investors lose nerve, and stocks suffer more losses
- Trade deal: What could it mean for milk prices and farmers?
- Stocks suffer worst loss in 8 months
- Texans suffer shameful loss to Giants in home opener
- Guest Column: Our community suffered major losses
- Stock prices plummet amid tech selloff, rising interest rates
- Boston College football suffers 1st loss of season
- Tigers dominate for 53 minutes, but suffer heartbreaking loss to No. 12 Kentucky
Pangasius fish prices plummet, farmers suffer huge losses have 285 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.