A trade fair being held in the Mekong Province of Kien Giang. — VNS Photo
Several trade fairs have been organised in the Mekong Delta’s rural areas this year to promote local products under the ‘Buy Vietnamese Goods’ programme.
The trade promotion centre of Hau Giang Province collaborated with district authorities to host four trade fairs in remote areas and industrial parks in Long My, Chau Thanh and Vi Thuy districts.
According to statistics from the Hau Giang Trade Promotion Centre, each fair in the province had around 20 booths set up by eight to 10 local firms and attracted 20,000 visitors.
They enabled enterprises to get feedback from rural consumers and better understand their demands.
According to the Trade and Investment Promotion Centre of Long An Province, each fair has nearly 40 exhibitors and distributors, and they display, advertise and sell goods like cosmetics and garments.
A spokesman for the centre said the fairs are aimed at promoting the ‘Buy Vietnamese Goods’ campaign in remote and rural areas and industrial parks.
These fairs also enable businesses to enter the rural market and sell their products in remote areas, he added.
Doan Minh Triet, deputy director of the An Giang Province Department of Industry and Trade, said the trade fairs have been successful in his province.
He said the Pride of Vietnamese Goods trade fair hosted by the local Department of Industry and Trade and Cho Moi District People’s Committee, attracted more than 3,500 visitors and exhibitors sold goods worth over VND300 million, indicating the demand for Vietnamese products in remote areas.
Meanwhile, experts said, in the long term, to win prestige for Vietnamese products, producers must improve their quality and design, and cut prices.
Official agencies should create more favourable conditions for businesses to join trade promotion events and to open shops in remote areas so that rural customers could buy branded Vietnamese goods, they added. — VNS
- Vietnam’s chronic disease: doctor shortage in remote areas
- Fine art and handicraft products introduced at India Int'l Mega Trade Fair
- Avalanche in remote area of Canada kills 2 snowboarders from Alaska
- Max.ng partners LCCI, offers 33% discount on all trips at Lagos Int’ Trade Fair
- Chamber Trade Fair sees sizeable footfall
- Human rights in remote areas
- Across China: China's Youth Silicon Valley: Science project inspires children in remote areas
- Cecil College hosts career fair for job seekers
- Hanoi to host “Spring in mountainous areas” program
- Ensure fresh water supply, Mekong Delta authorities told