The Vietnamese social network Lotus revealed its plan to attract 60 million users in Viet Nam during its official launch in Ha Noi on Monday.
With the theme “Content is King”, the VND700 billion ($30.1 million) network, run by VCCorp, will attract users with diverse and quality content.
Nguyen The Tan, VCCorp’s general director, said Lotus was working with more than 500 content creators in various fields such as education, lifestyle, and economics to attract users to the network.
Lotus also asked celebrities in different fields to add more content and attract more users. There are nearly 100 commitments made for Lotus’ content.
Tan said “On Lotus, everyone will be a content creator. We’ll provide tools so that the users can easily make their own fresh and beautiful entries.”
In response, the corporation will earn revenues from its advertisement company, Admicro. Tan said “there will be income within a month after Lotus starts working stably.”
VCCorp is calling for an additional VND500billion ($21.5 million) for the social network’s long-term development. In the first phase, VCCorp hopes to attract four million users, and 20 million users in the second phase and 60 million users in the last phase.
Earlier this year, Information and Communication Minister Nguyen Manh Hung called for the creation of a home-grown social media network and search engine to replace Facebook and Google.
Latest data shows there are more than 50 million Facebook users in Viet Nam.
On September 15, the first made-in-Viet Nam social network, Gapo, launched with two million users. — VNS
- Facebook data leak hits half a million users in Vietnam
- Mobile phone numbers conversion to affect 60 million subscribers nationwide
- Facebook says data leak hits 87 million users, widening privacy scandal
- Facebook says it uploaded email contacts of up to 1.5 million users
- Ha Nam licenses 60 million-USD project
- Tiki.vn attracts investors despite $26 million in accumulated losses
- Facebook's Messenger app passes 800 million users
- Zalo messaging application hits two million users
- Everest Securities starts trading 60 million shares on UpCOM
- Minh Phu sells 60 million shares for Mitsui