Cuu Long Real Estate Corporation 23 – 9 has renamed the underground Sense Market in HCM City as Central Market and added scores of new products and Asian foods.
Located in zone B of the September 23 Park in District 1, Central Market spreads over 11,000sq.m.
Its Asiana Food Town has nearly 100 stalls selling street foods from various countries like Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, Japan, Thailand, and India while the 2,000sq.m Taka Plaza has over 300 shops selling a range of products.
There are also a Co.op Food convenience store, the Lam My Lai handicrafts shop and an amusement centre belonging to Game Kim Phat.
Speaking at the renaming ceremony, Nguyen Binh Phuong, general director of Cuu Long Real Estate Corporation 23 – 9, said the market is a combination of traditional and modern models and a venue for events and festivals.
The company plans to confer with the markets tenants on push back the closing time from 10pm to midnight, and tie up with travel companies to bring more visitors to the market, he added.
From September 21 to 28 free amusement activities are on the cards to mark the makeover, including folk games, contests music shows, fashion shows, and tourism promotion events. — VNS
- The top tours from HCM City
- Provinces seek extension of HCM City’s metro line
- HCM City: US$2.07 billion metro project to get going this Sept.
- Ho Chi Minh City to get underground terminal
- Images: Inside HCM City’s new symbolic building
- City to get underground terminal
- City to preserve Chinatown character
- Underground foundations of our victory
- Ho Chi Minh City—a city of too many tales