International Grandmaster Le Quang Liem. (Photo: foxsports.com.vn) Hanoi (VNA) – Top Vietnamese chess player Le Quang Liem has drawn with Vladislav Artemiev of Russia in the first leg of the third round of the FIDE World Cup in the town of Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia. International Grandmaster Liem drew with Artemiev after 39 moves. Artemiev, 21, is one of Russia’s top players. He is defending European champion and has been tipped for World Cup glory. Former world blitz champion Liem will next meet Artemiev in the second leg. If Liem qualifies for the fourth round as one of the last 16 players, he will earn 25,000 USD. The FIDE World Cup 2019 is a 128-player single-elimination chess tournament held from September 9 to October 4. The matches from round one to round six consist of two classical games. The finalists of the tournament will qualify for the Candidates Tournament for the World Chess Championship 2020. The total prize fund is 1.6 million USD, with the winner taking away 110,000 USD./. VNA
- James Anderson believes this summer’s World Cup is wide open
- Jonny Wilkinson likens Wales to England's 2003 World Cup aces
- Vunipola confident England remain on track to excel at the World Cup
- Rory Best will leave as one of Ulster's finest and may get World Cup dream
- Sinead Kissane: 'Time is against Irish hockey team rediscovering World Cup momentum'
- Turkey, US, Czech Republic and Japan matchup in World Cup
- Shaun Edwards to leave Wales set-up after 2019 Rugby World Cup
- Eddie Jones to hire a psychologist to prevent England's scars of last World Cup undermining hopes in Japan
- Can Ireland reignite Rugby World Cup hopes?
- Rugby World Cup fixtures: Which games have been cancelled as Typhoon Hagibis nears Japan?
GM Liem draws with Artemiev in FIDE World Cup have 271 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.