Introducing handicraft product designs Lack of modern pattern designers Le Duc Ke, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Bat Trang Trading Service and Tourism Joint Stock Company said the Bat Trang Ceramic Village lacks designers of modern patterns who identify trends and customer tastes. Artisans here are merely skilled craftsmen, but they’re not designers. Therefore, Bat Trang’s ceramic products are less competitive on the world market compared with foreign products of the same kind. The Phu Vinh Village (Phu Nghia Commune, Chuong My District) is the cradle of Vietnamese bamboo and rattan traditional craft with more than 400 years of development. Nguyen Van Trung, a local craftsman, said the skillful crafts people and artisans have attached importance to designing patterns, but the results were imperfect and many products are made just for display and have no practical use, resulting in low effectiveness. Luu Duy Dan, Chairman of the Vietnam Association of Craft Villages said this shortcoming is common in many handicraft production establishments, especially small-scale ones. Due to limited resources, these production facilities cannot afford a separate design team and lack necessary conditions to research and understand the tastes of international consumers. Meanwhile, if they invest in the design… Read full this story
- Congress Should Provide Advice, Not Consent, on Syria
- This expert travel advice could save your next trip
- Noted Tax Attorney Richard Lehman reminds taxpayers of IRS upcoming deadline for reporting hidden foreign bank accounts
- Susan Jackson Keig dead at 99; trailblazing graphic designer worked for 72 years
- A Sanders Foreign-Policy Doctrine? How About ‘No Wars for the Billionaire Class’?
- Tax Lawyer reminds U.S. taxpayers with hidden foreign assets of upcoming IRS Deadline of September 28; only 5 weeks left
- Superbly Crafted Homes at Audie Murphy Ranch Built by the Nation’s Finest Homebuilders
- Syria Strike Follows Washington’s Failed Foreign-Policy Playbook
- Government to help firms hire foreign workers
- Health experts: Stay indoors during bad air, don't rely on masks
Foreign expert provides advice for Hanoi craft designers have 313 words, post on ven.vn at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.