Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s export turnover from footwear products and handbags reached nearly 14.5 billion USD in the first eight months of 2019, according to the Vietnam Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association (LEFASO).
Of the value, exports of footwear products were close to 12 billion USD, while that of handbags reached 2.475 billion USD, up 13.1 and 10.9 percent year on year, respectively.
Exports to top markets of Vietnamese footwear products saw increases compared to the same period last year, with the US market growing 13.5 percent, the EU, over 10.1 percent; and Japan, 11.8 percent.
LEFASO projected Vietnam to earn 21.5 billion USD from leather products and footwear this year, a year-on-year rise of 10 percent. It also predicted the sector’s production will grow by 10-11 percent.-VNA
- Footwear, bag exports aim for 12 bln USD in 2014
- Footwear exports reach nearly 5 billion USD
- Mekong Delta set to earn over 14 bln USD from exports
- Dong Nai exports reach 4.7 bln USD in four months
- Apparel exports earn 3.8 bln USD in first five months
- Agro-forestry-seafood exports hit 20.4 bln USD
- Agro-forestry, fisheries exports hit 22.5 bln USD
- Agro-forestry-aquatic exports estimated at 18 bln USD
- Exports to hit nearly 130 bln USD in 2013
- Shrimp exports could hit 3 bln USD for first time