MANILA, Philippines — Now that the “Ber months” are here, it is that time of the year again to think about wish lists and presents. But nothing beats the gift of good health and long life. The year might be ending, but it is never too late to achieve one’s #FitnessGoals with the help of the following health and wellness breakthroughs. New hope for cancer patients Dr. Hope Rugo First, the good news. Thanks to advances in science, biosimilars — medical products that go through rigorous manufacturing and testing processes to show efficacy and safety just like the original medicine – is helping treat breast cancer patients. The bad news: breast cancer remains the top killer among women in the Philippines because some surgeons fail to tell their patients about biosimilars. They think patients cannot afford it. But if you ask representatives from Mylan, a pharmaceutical company, thisthinking is incorrect. Biosimilar treatment costs around P700,000 for 18 cycles of treatment, or almost one-year treatment. This is lower than the whopping P1.5M cancer patients and their families have to shell out if they want to beat the disease. Dr. Hope Rugo, a medical oncologist and hematologist specializing in breast cancer research… Read full this story
- Rick Santorum: We might as well have four more years of President Obama than ‘Etch a Sketch’ Mitt Romney
- Snowden might as well have been a spy: Column
- Lance Armstrong might as well have pleaded guilty
- Health officials confirm second case of MERS virus in the U.S.
- Is New York City prepared for possible Ebola outbreak? Health experts, city officials weigh in
- Pom Wonderful made deceptive health claims; Judge upholds FTC complaint that ads misled consumers
- Mental health funding gets the chop; New York, Calif. and Illinois account for staggering $1.2 billion in cuts
- City health headquarters brandishes junk-food laden vending machine in lobby
- Nine dead from West Nile virus in Dallas County, Texas this year as public health emergency is declared
- Utah health officials confirm 2 hantavirus deaths
#FitnessGoals: Health, wellness must-haves have 322 words, post on www.philstar.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.