The subscribers will have a chance to use applications on the 5G platform on September 20 and 21 which comes within the framework of the announcement ceremony of 5G Broadcast.
After the event, the Narrowband-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) technology and the digital social development platform will be put into operation in the City.
The trial area is in the lobby of the Viettel Complex building (No.285 Cach Mang Thang 8 Street, Ward 12, District 10, HCM City). Accordingly, people will experience free large bandwidth capacity with ultra-low latency of 5G technology.
|A 5G station in HCM City|
Deputy General Director of Viettel Tao Duc Thang said that the 5G Broadcast in the City is an important step for Viettel in its strategy to make Vietnam one of the first countries in the world to launch commercial 5G services.
“With 5G technology, Vietnam will go along with the world in deploying 5G networks,” he added.
The 5G core network architecture chosen by Viettel is Option 3x (NSA Non-standalone) with the most modern 3GPP standard and is being used by major network providers.
Under License No.26/GP-BTTTT of the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC), Viettel is testing a 5G mobile network on the C-Band with the 3700MHz – 3800MHz frequency in Ho Chi Minh City. Currently, the connection speeds in the tests have ranged from 1000-1300Mbps. It will continue to be optimized in the coming time.
* In May, Viettel installed and integrated the first 5G station in Hanoi and conducted the first 5G call in Vietnam after three months of deployment. The event marked Vietnam as one of the earliest countries to successfully pilot the 5G network in the world. The 5G technology deployed by Viettel is in line with the standardization road-map of the 3GPP organization.
This trial process’ target helps MIC comprehensively evaluate 5G technology based on the criteria, including coverage area, capacity, maximum speed, and compatibility between 5G devices and existing infrastructure. Based on the results of this trial process, MIC will work out sufficient foundations to build policies, frequency, and a specific road-map for the commercialization of 5G services by 2020.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Serviced apartments for rent mushroom in downtown HCM City
- HCM City: Luxury real estate attractive to Chinese investors
- Deal signed to boost HCM City supporting industries through fairs
- HCM City solicits investment in transport infrastructure
- HCM City, Japan’s Miyagi prefecture seek ways to deepen partnership
- Winners named in HCM City Tour Guide contest
- Consuls general updated on special policies for HCM City’s development
- HCM City converts beltway segments into public works
- HCM City seeks 260,000 voluntary blood donors
- HCM City needs new housing policy for low-, mid-income households