Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the opening ceremony of the 16th China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) and China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (CABIS) in Nanning, China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region on September 21, 2019. Photo: VGP
Addressing the event, highly appreciated the role of the two platforms in promoting economic and trade cooperation between ASEAN countries and China.
He emphasized that Viet Nam has worked with other ASEAN members and partners to foster the formulation of a favorable environment for businesses and sustainable development on the basis of ensuring legitimate interests of countries and compliance with international law, thus contributing to peace, cooperation, and prosperity in the region and the world.
This year, CAEXPO draws the participation of 2,500 businesses, including 150 Vietnamese businesses displaying farm, timber, processing, and footwear products among others.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam meets with Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng. Photo: VGP
On the occasion, Dam had bilateral talks with Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng and received Secretary of the Party Committee of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Lu Xinshe.
Dam reiterated that Viet Nam attaches importance to advancing the neighboring friendship and comprehensive cooperation with China.
He called on the two Governments to support and create favorable conditions for enhancing exchanges and mutually beneficial cooperation between the sides’ border localities.
Dam also asked the Chinese side to take measures to reduce Viet Nam’s trade deficit with China while satisfactorily resolving outstanding problems in the projects with Chinese businesses’ involvement which are drawing the Vietnamese public’s concern.
Regarding the East Sea issue, Deputy PM Dam repeated Viet Nam’s stance on the East Sea, asking China to respect the rights and legitimate interests to avoid complicating situation at sea./.
By Quang Minh
- Deputy PM Dam urges astute methods for pneumonia prevention
- Vietnam stands ready to repel deadly coronavirus: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh meets sponsors to discuss disbursement of ODA projects
- Deputy PM conducts sudden price check at Nghe An supermarket
- Deputy PM orders stronger efforts to prevent coronavirus
- Deputy PM orders top priority to epidemic prevention, fighting
- Vietnam should prepare for coronavirus worst-case scenario: deputy PM
- Deputy PM urges control of face mask numbers in light of nCoV
- Dream of powerful and prosperous Vietnam will come true: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM requests greater efforts to prevent nCoV outbreak