The visit will be made at the invitation of Senior Lieutenant General Phan Van Giang, member of the Party Central Committee, permanent member of the Central Military Commission, Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army and Deputy Defense Minister.
|Politburo member, Chief of the General Staff and First Deputy Minister of the Cuban Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces Senior Lieutenant General Álvaro López Miera. (Source: www.acn.cu)|
The Vietnam visit of the Cuban delegation aims to strengthen solidarity, friendship, and trust between the two nations in general and two militaries in particular, review outcomes of the implementation of the defense cooperation plan in the 2017-2019 period and discuss orientations for bilateral cooperation in the coming time.
After the visit, the Cuban delegation will attend the third Vietnam-Cuba Defense Policy Dialogue from September 17 to 21.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- A U.S. Aircraft Carrier Will Visit Vietnam for the First Time Since, Well, Vietnam
- John Kelly: Is White House chief of staff on the outside looking in?
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly: I Read Breitbart ‘Cover-to-Cover’ Before Each Work Day
- Vietnam, US investigate 4.3 billion USD aluminum origin fraud
- Vietnam bolsters agricultural exports amid growing protectionism
- See stunning, rare images from the Vietnam War 50 years ago
- Growing momentum in semiconductor manufacturing in Vietnam
- Trade cooperation a focus of Vietnam-US ties: Deputy PM
- Comments for : Samsung may move production to Vietnam for cheaper labor (and higher profits)
- BYU DL Tomasi Laulile visiting Texans