Despite losing star receiver Tyreek Hill early, Patrick Mahomes threw for 378 yards and three touchdowns while leading the Kansas City Chiefs to a testy and tactful 40-26 victory over the injury-riddled Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. Mahomes took a beating and even had to leave the game to get his left ankle taped in the second quarter. He nonetheless looked every bit as good as he did during last year’s MVP campaign, leading the Chiefs to scores on each of their first seven possessions. Jacksonville lost quarterback Nick Foles to a broken left clavicle. Sammy Watkins caught nine passes for a career-high 198 yards and three TDs. Watkins slipped through the middle of Jacksonville’s defense for a 68-yard score on the third play of the season and added a 49-yard TD reception late in the opening quarter. He made defenders Ronnie Harrison, Jalen Ramsey and Miles Jack look silly while strolling into the end zone twice. He beat Ramsey again for a short TD in the fourth period. Jacksonville had major issues on both sides of the ball, fairly reminiscent of last year’s 16-point loss at Arrowhead Stadium in Week 5. This one may have been more of a debacle… Read full this story
- Chiefs broke a trend by drafting Patrick Mahomes, now hope he bucks another
- After week of trash talk, Chiefs’ Tyreek Hill burns Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey in KC’s win
- Left no doubt: Chiefs stun Broncos with heroics from Patrick Mahomes, Kareem Hunt
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill says he and Sammy Watkins are like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade
- Twitter Q&A: Will Mayfield or Brady have more success against Chiefs D?
- Star receiver Sammy Watkins calls Chiefs 'brightest offense that I’ve ever been in'
- Chiefs film review: How the defense blitzed and Patrick Mahomes continued to impress
- Two interceptions? OK, so maybe Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is human. But still ...
- With 100-yard game, Sammy Watkins is starting to catch on to Andy Reid’s system
- ‘We just have guys everywhere:’ Chiefs’ versatile offense on display in win over 49ers
Chiefs lose Hill, handle Jags 40-26 behind Mahomes, Watkins have 338 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.