An old woman uses paper packages for her cakes on the Chàm Islands. The site is considered the first tourism hub in Việt Nam to say no to plastic. — VNS Photo Công Thành Công Thành QUẢNG NAM — The owners of 44 hotels, homestays, villas and restaurants as well as travel agencies in the central province of Quảng Nam have agreed to take action to reduce the plastic waste their businesses release into the environment. The ‘Zero plastic waste tourism’ campaign was promoted at a conference in the province’s Hội An City earlier this week with the participation of 200 representatives of NGOs, UNESCO and businesses. Recycled paper, bamboo and wood are used to produce non-plastic products. — VNS Photo Lan Anh As well as boosting communications on plastic waste, some members of the Quảng Nam provincial tourism association (QTA) have applied their own solutions to reduce and recycle waste and plastic waste in restaurants and hotel kitchens. Vũ Thị Mỹ Hạnh, manager of the An Nhiên Farm, a member of QTA, said Field restaurant in Hội An has begun recycling organic waste from the kitchen to reduce daily waste released into the environment by 10kg to 15kg. Meanwhile, organic waste is recycled… Read full this story
- Central Arkansas promotes Brown to head football coach
- Delhi: Curb dust at seven spots, cut pollution 17%, says Central Pollution Control Board
- Central notes: Revisiting the Isaiah Thomas trade; Robin Lopez fined
- LeBron James Commences 'Zero Dark 30-23 Mode' with Martin Luther King Jr. Quote
- Baseball: Anxious Burlington Central put on hold again
- LeBron has 'zero' concern after Cavs' lopsided Game 1 loss
- Grading the offseason: NL Central
- AL Central Notes: Santiago, Merritt, Liriano, Aybar
- AL Central Notes: Santiago's screwball; Merritt out of options
- Are the Central Coast Mariners heading for another bad record?
Central province to promote zero waste tourism have 300 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.