The fisherman, named Do Tran Luc, aged 21 from Phu Dong ward, Tuy Hoa city, Phu Yen province, on trawler PY 90172 TS had a stomachache and was in breathless condition when the trawler with six fishermen aboard was operating some 95 nautical miles off the Southeast of Phu Quy Island at 06:15 on September 21.
Receiving the mayday signal from the trawler’s captain Tran Quang Tuan, the provincial Border Guard Command sent ship CN 09 BP 111901 with seven crewmembers and a medical team from the Phu Quy Port Border Guard Post for a rescue mission.
At 16:20 the same day, the ship approached the trawler and gave first aid to the troubled fisherman. The fisherman was then taken ashore by the ship and was taken to Phu Quy district’s Military-Civilian Hospital for further treatment.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Border guards save troubled fisherman
- Border guards rescue troubled passenger ship
- SAR 274 rescues troubled fisherman at sea
- Troubled fisherman receive treatment
- Border post saves troubled fishermen
- Seriously injured fisherman receives first aid
- Four troubled fishermen rescued
- Troubled fishermen receives help
- Fishermen in distress rescued