The automobile sector has been a witness to the biggest drop in sales ever since 1998 and there are several factors that have contributed to this. Right from new emission norms kicking in to raw materials and fuel prices soaring, to GST rates and finally, low buying sentiment. The drop in sales have of course affected even the market share of companies in the country and it is Maruti Suzuki, which has seen the steepest decline in its share. The market share of Maruti Suzuki from the month of April-August 2019, fell by 2.34 per cent taking its market share to 49.83 per cent. The company sold 5,53,064 units during this period compared to 7,57,289 units in the same period in 2018. Tata Motors too saw its market share go down by 1.39 per cent and the company managed to grab just 5.41 per cent of the pie compared to close to 7 per cent in the same period in 2018. Also Read: Maruti Suzuki’s BS6 Models Constitute 70 Per Cent Of Its Total SalesThe steep drop in Maruti Suzuki’s and Tata’s market share in India has helped car manufacturers like Hyundai as it saw its market share soar by 2.76… Read full this story
- Interview: Bear Theft Auto - The Indie Adventures Of 's Justin Smith
- Automotive Grade Linux Reaches Key Car Platform Milestones
- Will the Defender be Land Rover’s new best seller?
- Opinion: Why Do Games Publishers Exist?
- TECH TREK Google Maps Loses Its Way in China
- Here's what you need to know about Kaby Lake-X
- We built a PC with PlayStation Neo's GPU tech
- DualShockers Staff’s Top Announcements from E3 2015
- How a Gang of Thieves Shamed Superheroes and the Entire Movie Industry In Just Three Days
- OPINION How the Windows Phone Could Rise Up and Dominate
Auto Crisis: Maruti Suzuki's Market Share Down By 2%; Huge Jump For Hyundai have 285 words, post on auto.ndtv.com at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.