The biggest film festival in the state, the Virginia Film Festival in Charlottesville, has announced its 32nd annual program which will be held Oct. 23 through Oct. 27. This year they’ve added a day to the festival with the opening night film, “Just Mercy,” on Wednesday, Oct. 23 (the same night that Elvis Costello and the Attractions will be playing downtown at the amphitheater.) The festival will feature more than 150 films including sneak peeks at “Harriet,” “Just Mercy,” “Western Stars,” “Jojo Rabbit” and others. Special guests include actor Ethan Hawke, actress Ann Down, author John Grisham, Wanuri Kahiu, producer Debra Martin Chase, Dennis Christopher and Vanessa Bell Calloway. The 2019 Virginia Film Festival opener, “Just Mercy,” tells “the powerful and thought-provoking true story of young lawyer Bryan Stevenson (Michael B. Jordan), and his history-making battle for justice.” Richmond’s Afrikana Film Fest will be a part of the spotlight on Virginia filmmaking. Foodies take note: “The Virginia Film Festival is proud to partner with VPM PBS to present “The Inn at Little Washington: A Delicious New Documentary,” a film by Emmy and Peabody-winning Show of Force, in association with VPM PBS, Virginia’s home for Public Media, and Washington, D.C.-based chef… Read full this story
- Mamma mia! Supermodel Megan Gale shows off her slim figure in a body-skimming plaid dress at the Lavazza Italian Film Festival
- Angela Bassett and DeWanda Wise Named as Jurors For the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival
- Felicity Jones and Eddie Redmayne fly high at London Film Festival
- Kobe Bryant kicked off panel for animated film festival over public protest
- Kobe Bryant dropped from film festival after backlash due to his 2003 rape charge
- Freeform expands Halloween lineup to 31 nights
- 2016 IBW To Be Asia’s Biggest Bike Festival With 12,000 Visitors
- The offensive line got “whipped.” Young cornerbacks lost battles. Takeaways from Duke’s loss to Virginia Tech.
- Duke has a chance to boost its football program’s image. Virginia Tech stands in the way.
- Five observations from UNC’s crushing 22-19 defeat to Virginia Tech
32nd Virginia Film Festival Announces Lineup have 329 words, post on www.styleweekly.com at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.