What Is happening to streaming's superstars? That was the big question asked in this very column two months ago. The answer, delivered by a myriad of game-changing stats: they're getting squeezed. New data now shows that this trend isn't going away – and is, in fact, calcifying. Industry monitor Nielsen recently released its half-year U.S. music trade report , which revealed the total number of interactive audio streams played in the first six months of 2019. This figure stood at 333.5 billion – up 28% year-on-year. Within Nielsen's report, the body also confirmed the artists who attracted the most on-demand audio streams in the States during this period. The top five for the first half of 2019: Drake (2.66 billion streams); Ariana Grande (2.59 billion); Post Malone (2.35 billion); Billie Eilish (2.23 billion); Juice WRLD (1.91 billion) Guess what? The cumulative amount of audio streams accumulated by these Top 5 artists (11.74 billion) was actually smaller than that racked up by the equivalent Top 5 acts from Nielsen's H1 2018 report (11.83 billion). The top five for the first half of 2018: Drake (3.33 billion streams); Post Malone (3.15 billion); XXXTentacion (1.92 billion); Migos (1.90 billion) J.Cole (1.53 billion) It… Read full this story
- Jack Kirby: The comic book artist finally gets the recognition he deserves
- 12 Ways You’re Eating in New York City Wrong
- Is Amsterdam the new Paris?
- Swedish Hip Hop artist releases new funk and jazz inspired album
- World Cup 2018 golden boot: Cristiano Ronaldo on four strikes despite penalty miss against Iran
- Who’s in the Age Before Beauty cast? Robson Green, Lisa Riley, Sue Johnston, Polly Walker and James Murray star
- Who is on The One Show tonight? Kylie Minogue joins Alex Jones and Amol Rajan to talk about her new album, Golden
- The Queen’s birthday honours list: Record-breaking Ilford henna artist receive BEM
- New Zealand to wipe criminal records of people convicted of historical homosexual offences
- New Zealand branded 'racist as f***' by Thor director Taika Waititi
Why This Is a Golden Age for New Artists (So Long as They Keep Their Ambitions in Check) have 316 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.