Vietnam won a gold, three silver and three bronze medals as well as an honourable mention at the 13th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics that took place in Hungary from August 2 – 10.
The competition comprises of four exams – Theoretical exam, Data analysis Exam, Team competition and Observational exam in which questions concerning direct observation of the sky, in the real sky and in a planetarium.
It was attended by 254 contestants from 46 countries all over the world. All eight Vietnamese students are from the Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted.-VNA
- Vietnam wins silver, bronze medals at International Biology Olympiad
- Vietnamese students win gold medals at IJSO
- Vietnam’s obsession with academic medals is spoiling its talents
- Vietnam finish in second place at Futsal Thailand Five 2019
- London 2012: Great Britain's women win Olympic hockey bronze
- Vietnamese high schoolers win two informatics olympiad gold medals
- Vietnamese students bag three gold medals at int’l physics competition
- Vietnamese students win five gold medals at Asia Pacific math contest
- Vietnam finishes fifth out of 80 teams at International Chemistry Olympiad
- Việt Nam win three gold, three silver medals at 16th IJSO