Vietnam won a gold, three silver and three bronze medals as well as an honourable mention at the 13th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics that took place in Hungary from August 2 – 10.
The competition comprises of four exams – Theoretical exam, Data analysis Exam, Team competition and Observational exam in which questions concerning direct observation of the sky, in the real sky and in a planetarium.
It was attended by 254 contestants from 46 countries all over the world. All eight Vietnamese students are from the Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted.-VNA
- ‘Sportspersons do not win medals because of cash awards … winning is a combination of potential, tenacity and luck’
- Luis Severino’s gem guides Yankees to another win over the Astros
- Swimmers Win Medals At CCCAN In Aruba
- National paralympians win medals in Bulgaria [PHOTO]
- Young judoka battle hard to win medals at the British Minors
- Gareth is not the only Bale to shine as Harrier Mike wins medals
- Carlos Correa exits Astros game with soreness
- Astros' bats go cold in shutout loss to Royals
- Curtis Granderson's home runs help Blue Jays soar past Astros
- Yankees, Astros lineups Wednesday