As littoral countries, Viet Nam and Malaysia agreed to cooperate closely with other ASEAN member States in ensuring peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and aviation in the East Sea, stated Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (R) and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad at joint press briefing at the Government Office in Ha Noi on August 27, 2019. Photo: VGP Phuc emphasized the above point at joint press briefing with Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad in Ha Noi Tuesday. The two countries will also work closely with the bloc’s members in settling disputes through peaceful measures with respect for international law and the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea as well as diplomatic and legal processes, Phuc said. Both countries called for full and serious observation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea and early conclusion of a real and legally-binding Code of Conduct in the East Sea, he added. As ASEAN is the foundation of the two countries’ foreign policies, the two Prime Ministers agreed to collaborate with other ASEAN members to foster solidarity, development and resilience of the ASEAN Community and promote… Read full this story
- Spire and Kleos begin new maritime security journey
- Busy Dublin road closed off during 'security alert'
- Roads closed in Lurgan security alert
- EU tests maritime security pact after Iran tanker fight
- Pompeo talks maritime security, Iran with Saudi crown prince
- Australia to join US in Gulf maritime security mission
- Vietnam, Malaysia to boost economic cooperation
- Johnson pledges £100m to boost prison security
- Australia to join US in Gulf maritime security mission: AFP
- Road closed amid ongoing security alert
Vietnam, Malaysia pledge to coordinate closely in ensuring maritime security, freedom have 271 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.