By Associated Press | PUBLISHED: August 12, 2019 at 8:19 am | UPDATED: August 12, 2019 at 8:20 am Steve Leblanc, Assocaited Press BOSTON — Beacon Hill leaders are increasingly focusing on the struggles faced by Massachusetts residents trying to navigate the state’s clogged roads and troubled public transit system. Anyone who’s tried to get to work, school or the grocery store — whether by car, bus, commuter rail, subway or bicycle — already knows rush hour traffic is stretching out to gobble up more of the morning and evening commutes. Traffic jams that were once inconvenient are tipping toward the epic, and there’s no guarantee a trip on the subway won’t end with riders being led from a derailed car. Transportation woes aren’t new to Massachusetts, of course. Clogged downtown roads pressured city leaders in Boston to open the country’s first subway line in 1897. A century later the state was working on the Big Dig, which would transform transportation through downtown Boston. A report released this week by the state Department of Transportation at the behest of Gov. Charlie Baker is the latest attempt by the state to get its arms around its multiple transportation challenges. The report… Read full this story
- Police: Traffic congestion at entry/exit points to ease after travel norms in lockdown period are fully understood
- Roads, trains have fewer people as COVID-19 cases in State see sharp rise
- Disney Plus content for the UK revealed: The full list of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel movies and TV shows available to watch from March 24
- WTAF! How is Jonah Hill swearier than Samuel L Jackson?
- The American way of life has changed: The full list of states on lockdown as the battle against coronavirus turns parts of the U.S. into ghost towns
- Congestion Central: Houston Roadway Most Congested In Texas
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump, Congress battle pandemic's wreckage
- Air pollution plunges in New York as people stay at home and traffic is cut by over a third in coronavirus crisis as startling satellite footage shows fall in emissions during China's lockdown
- Netflix to drop 25% traffic to ease telecom load
- German Internet Exchange Operator Sees 'Unusual' Peak in Traffic During Coronavirus Outbreak
Traffic congestion rising to top of Beacon Hill to-do list have 357 words, post on www.lowellsun.com at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.