Hanoi (VNA) – The seventh National Environmental Film Festival will open for entries from August 20 to September 31, 2019, organisers said at a press conference in Hanoi on August 19.
The entries must be produced between January 1, 2016 and October 15, 2019, focusing on themes such as measures and solutions to waste issues, scientific-technological advances in environmental protection, the prevention of violations of laws on environmental protection, the economical and effective use of natural resources, natural preservation, economic development adaptable to climate change, initiatives and models in environmental protection and communication work in this regard.
They will compete in the categories of documentary, science film, reportage and cartoon.
The best 16 works will be announced at a ceremony scheduled to be held in the fourth quarter of 2019.
Speaking at the press conference, Vu Minh Ly, Deputy Director of the Communications Centre of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, said the the previous editions of the triennial film festival attracted 584 entries, with 146 awarded.
The festival has contributed to improving the role of cinematography and television in environmental protection, he added.–VNA
- Ram’s Peranbu to be screened at a film festival in Germany
- 'Dolly Kitty Aur Chamakte Sitare' premiers today at the Busan International Film Festival
- Why the Cannes Film Festival matters more to movie lovers than the Oscars
- Freep Film Festival scores big with sports movies
- Eighth annual Kicking + Screening Soccer Film Festival kicks off in New York
- Kobe Bryant Talks Phil Jackson, New York Knicks At Tribeca Film Festival
- A brilliant Knicks movie called ‘Porzingod’ debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival: Through the Banks of the Red Cedar
- Nebraska's six-run seventh inning helps clinch series opener with Nevada
- The Latest: USTA National Campus in Florida opens in January