The working session between the administration of Ninh Thuan and the delegation of the National Assembly’s Committee for External Relations on August 9 (Photo: VNA) Ninh Thuan (VNA) – Many projects on climate change response carried out with the support of international organisations in the southern central province of Ninh Thuan have generated positive outcomes, according to local authorities. The provincial People’s Committee had a working session on August 9 with a delegation of the National Assembly (NA)’s Committee for External Relations who came to examine Ninh Thuan’s implementation of international treaties on climate change response to which Vietnam is a party. Local officials reported over the past years, climate change has resulted in extreme weather conditions in Ninh Thuan as seen in the increase of heat waves, droughts and flooding. Under the impacts of continuous droughts, it suffered from losses of about 165 billion VND (7.1 million USD) in 2004 and 2005, and nearly 1.35 trillion VND (58 million USD) between 2014 and 2016. Meanwhile, flooding caused 300 billion VND in damage (13 million USD) in 2018. Vice Chairman of the People’s Committee Tran Quoc Nam said since 2009, the province has took part in six international agreements on climate change… Read full this story
- In New Jersey, a slow-motion evacuation from climate change
- The Greta Thunberg effect: at last, MPs focus on climate change
- What would Jesus do? Talking with evangelicals about climate change
- Climate change: at last a breakthrough to our catastrophic political impasse?
- Climate change 'will inflict substantial damage on US lives'
- Climate change: why the Guardian is putting threat to Earth front and centre
- There is no Plan B on climate change
- A London university is banning beef to help tackle climate change
- Al Gore: 'extreme weather has made people wake up to climate change'
- Dutch court rules people have a fundamental right to be protected from climate change
Ninh Thuan applauded for climate change response efforts have 296 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.