He made the statement at the conference on the plan for the two regions’ socio-economic growth and public investment in 2020 held in the Mekong delta province of Vinh Long yesterday.
Upon the two regions’ potential for growth, Deputy Minister Thong said that the South East and Ho Chi Minh City are two economic centers of the country contributing one third of high-quality workers across the country.
Additionally, the two regions are the major markets and border gates in exchanging economic and cultural activities.
Accordingly, the Ministry expected participants to discuss and assess achievements in social and economic issues as well as public investment of 19 provinces in the first six months of 2019.
Moreover, the Ministry wanted participants to set the plan and long-term strategies for social and economic development and public investment for the next year with the focus on three matters including solving problems along the way, building socio-economic development strategies, learning experience of successful localities and proposing solutions.
Conference participants assessed socio-economic growth and public investment in the first six months of the year and estimated investment for the whole year especially focusing on removing barriers and difficulties in implementing plan of public investment.
Moreover, they defined tasks and the socio-economic growth plan and investment plan in 2020.
By TIN HUY – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction - Making Growth Work For the Poor
- Can A Government Increase the Rate of Economic Growth
- Europe's Economy: The Challenges of High Unemployment and Sluggish Economic Growth
- Fastest Way To Generate Economic Growth
- European Economic Growth Returns - What are the Europeans Finally Doing Right?
- Economic Growth Strongest in the West
- Effect of Socio Economic Factors on Asthma
- Healing America: Inducing Structured Economic Growth
- Oil falls on weaker economic growth forecasts and swelling U.S. crude stocks
- Free Line Rentals On The Latest Mobile Phones