North Yorkshire police said in a statement that they had found Le Thi Dieu Linh, 15, “safe and well” on Monday night.
Yet the investigation into her disappearance in the county’s York City remains ongoing, they said.
They also said for operational reasons and ongoing enquiries, they could not reveal where Linh was found yet.
Linh was reported missing from her tour group in York on August 6.
Tour guide Nguyen Ba Thanh Tung of Ho Chi Minh City-based travel company Travel Plus came to the Vietnamese Embassy in London to report the case two days after it happened, the embassy said. He also reported the disappearance to local police.
After questioning Tung, North Yorkshire police let him go, and he returned to Vietnam on Saturday.
Ten people have been arrested in connection with the girl’s disappearance. Two of them remain in police custody for questioning and another, Ho Quang Ngoc, a 25-year-old Vietnamese, has been charged and appeared in court on Monday for assisting violations of immigration law.
Ngoc will stand trial again next month, police said.
Linh speaks no English, and Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry has instructed the embassy in London to keep related agencies in touch and prepare to implement necessary citizen protection measures.
- Police search for girl, 11, not seen since Monday evening
- Missing Louisiana girl, 15, has been found in Colorado with man, 47
- SILVER ALERT: Missing Teen Girl in Danbury
- Pair Accused Of Killing Missing RivCo Girl Plead Not Guilty
- Black Members Of Congress Ask FBI For Help Finding Missing Black Girls From DC
- Jayme Closs, Missing Wisconsin Girl, Is Found; Man Is Accused in Abduction
- Jayme Closs, Missing Wisconsin Girl, Is Found; Man Is Accused in Kidnapping
- Rochester police trying to find missing teenage girl
- Missing Wisconsin Girl Found Alive Months After Parents’ Deaths
- Missing California girls describe surviving 2 days in wilderness: "We needed to find shelter fast"