Ed Razek, the longtime chief marketing officer of the brand’s parent company L Brands, has exited the company, perhaps signalling a change in direction for the brand. Razek, 71, is considered largely responsible for the company’s overly sexualised ad campaigns, invented the “Victoria’s Secret Angel” concept, and last year, made headlines for a series of transphobic and body shaming comments. Amid dwindling sales, Razek’s departure from Victoria’s Secret — a company where he has worked since the ’80s — came as there were unconfirmed reports that the annual VS runway has been cancelled for 2019. Is the VS Fashion Show really over? Picture: Getty Images for Victoria’s SecretSource:Getty Images INSIDE THE BUSINESS OF VICTORIA’S SECRET WHY ADRIANA LIMA REALLY LEFT VICTORIA’S SECRET Razek was behind the Victroia’s Secret Fashion Show and had the ultimate say in which models were booked. Harper’s Bazaar described Razek as a “controversial figure, who was largely responsible for the airbrushed, homogenised view of femininity associated with the lingerie label”. The company has faced a string of criticism lately. Supermodel Bella Hadid on the VS runway. Picture: Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images Shanina Shaik raised eyebrows over her comments about VS last week. Picture: Getty Images for Victoria’s… Read full this story
- SEE IT: Photog Recreates ‘Inclusive’ Victoria Secret Angel Spread With Plus-Size Models
- Victoria’s Secret Consumed By Outrage Mob After Executive Says There Shouldn’t Be ‘Transsexuals’ In Fashion Show
- Victoria’s Secret Cancels 2019 Fashion Show As Brand Faces Intense Scrutiny
- Oh, dear Dave. Now GPs have turned on you. Time for an exit strategy on the disabled, perhaps?
- Billboard Cover: 24 Hours With Ed Sheeran as He Launches New Label, Talks Third Album and Pops Bottles Courtesy of Beyonce
- Either Edward Snowden Is Lying—or His Former Boss Is
- Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick severs last ties to company
- Care home boss quits as firm at centre of abuse exposé prepares for criticism
- Leggings, Creeps, and Cultural Appropriation: The Biggest Fashion Scandals of the Decade
- The most exciting movies of 2020 – family films
‘Controversial figure’: Victoria’s Secret boss Ed Razek is exiting the company have 336 words, post on www.news.com.au at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.