A Kenilworth teenager has won two gold medals and a silver medal for Britain, partly thanks to a successful fundraising campaign for a new racing wheelchair. In March a fundraising campaign was launched to help buy Zien Zhou, who is 17 and has Cerebral Palsy, a new wheelchair to help him continue training and competing in the hope that he will make it onto Team GB for the 2020 paralympics in Tokyo. The campaign was pushed forward by Fitness Worx in Kenilworth, where Zien also trains.Thanks to their efforts, publicity from the Kenilworth Weekly News and a kind anonymous donation of £4,000, the £5,000 target was reached within a week.Zien is a member of British Athletics’ Paralympic Academy and competes in wheelchair races across the country. He also trains at Coventry Godiva alongside world record holder Kare Adenegan.This month he was selected to compete on behalf of the British Athletics team at the World Para Athletics Junior Championships in Switzerland.Zien went on to win two gold medals in the U20 Men’s T33-34 100m and in the U20 Men’s 200m and a silver medal in the U20 Men’s T33-34 400m.After receiving his third medal Zien said: “It is lovely to round off the… Read full this story
- We can win medal in Asian Games: Tirkey
- Asian Games 2018: India opens medal count with bronze in rifle mixed team
- Winning laurels
- 'You don’t get a special prize for using the right pronouns': Transgender teen goes viral with 'basic trans etiquette' guide that he created to educate others after Elliot Page came out
- Viral video that shows a teen being beaten and thrown out of a window leads to New York police investigation
- Teen figure skater suffers rare genetic disorder that caused her heart muscle to be replaced with fatty tissue, forcing her to have transplant at just 14
- Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel Leading ‘Elf’ Reunion Fundraiser to Help Democrats Win Georgia
- 'I felt a mix of emotions': Strictly champ Bill Bailey reveals his big win was clouded by a tinge of sadness as his ballroom-loving late mother wasn't there to revel in the moment
- Anti-vaxers are winning the war on social media. What's the CDC going to do about it?
- Keir Starmer promises Scotland the 'boldest devolution project for a generation' in desperate bid to win back Scottish voters and head off demands for independence
Community helps Kenilworth teen win three medals have 391 words, post on www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.