French cellist Emma Savouret will perform in “A Night of Beethoven” concert at the HCM City Opera House on Saturday to mark the 58th anniversary of the Day for AO/Dioxin Victims, August 10 (Photo courtesy of HBSO) The concert is co-organised by the HCM City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO) and the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin (VAVA). The highlight of the concert will be Beethoven’s Triple Concerto for violin, cello and piano. The performance will feature cellist Emma Savouret and violinist Nguyen Huu Nguyen from the Orchestre National de France (French National Symphony Orchestra), and pianist Ho Dac Thuy Hoang from HBSO. The soloists will perform with the HBSO Chamber Orchestra. The concert will include traditional Japanese works performed by the four-member Ryuko Mirai Drum Ensemble and vocalist Tetsu Kitagawa. The night will end with the symphonic poem Thanh Dong To Quoc written by late composer Hoang Van in 1960 when he graduated from the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing. The work will be performed by the HBSO Chamber Orchestra. Van was awarded the Ho Chi Minh Award in Literature and Arts in 2000. Conductor Le Phi Phi, who has returned from Macedonia, will lead the concert. Phi, who graduated from the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory in 1993,… Read full this story
- The themes of Holocaust Memorial Day are 'very current'
- Brest theater to mark Pushkin's 220th birthday with new project
- Peter Corry and Fleur Mellor: On music, married life and how their big day inspired her to become a humanist celebrant
- Artist uncovers Davaar island’s historic cave painting
- When is Holocaust Memorial Day 2019, what is this year’s theme and how is it marked?
- Robert Burns manuscripts go on show in one-day exhibition of poems
- Lockerbie bombing: Anniversary marks monstrous act of mid-air mass murder
- Emperor Akihito marks last birthday before abdication, urges Japan to welcome foreign workers
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland to host free day out and activities for families
- Tennis, Australian Open, Day 14: Djokovic overwhelms Nadal 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 for record 7th AO title
Artists perform to mark Day for AO/Dioxin Victims have 333 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.