Uri: The Surgical Strike, the second highest grosser of the year, won big at the 66th National Film Awards announced on Friday. Director Aditya Dhar won the National Film Award for Best Direction whereas actor Vicky Kaushal won the Best Actor award. Talking about winning a National Award for his very first film, Aditya said “15 years of failures, rejections and hard work has lead to this moment and it just can’t get better than this.”He added, “Thank you India, thank you Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and all the Jury members of National Award committee for considering me worthy enough for this prestigious award. This is an honour I am going to cherish for the rest of my life. Being conferred with the National Award has been a dream since the time I understood what films meant to me, and films truly mean the world to me. Thanks to my family and friends for their unconditional support over the years. The way my parents and my brother stood by me through all the struggle is what helped me realise my dream so beautifully. Thank you Ronnie Screwvala and my entire team of URI for giving… Read full this story
- Awkward! NTAs 2020 viewers 'cringe' at Ruth Langsford and Phillip Schofield's 'frosty' interaction onstage for This Morning's big win - amid pair's public feud
- NTAs 2020: Holly Willoughby is among the first to leave the star-studded awards as bleary-eyed celebrities call it a night
- David Walliams looks unrecognisable as he dresses up as BGT co-judges Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden as NTAs host films opening sequence
- Holly Willoughby shows off her curves in skinny jeans as she leads celebs arriving hours ahead of NTA Awards to glam up
- Grammy Awards 2020: Billie Eilish lives it up in Gucci with her brother's stunning girlfriend Claudia Sulewski as she marks making show history at Universal after-party
- 'I'm naming this award Harry, because it's coming back to the US with me!' Awkward-looking Prince William and Kate Middleton can't help laughing as Margot Robbie reads Megxit quip at the BAFTAs
- Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- NTAs 2020: Chloe Sims puts on a VERY busty display in a plunging gown with thigh-high slit as she joins her fellow TOWIE stars at the glitzy awards show
- Josh Groban’s childhood dream comes true on Broadway
- 'Tonight is for Kobe': Lizzo opens Grammy Awards by dedicating show to late NBA star while 'heartbroken' host Alicia Keys moves the audience to tears with tribute song
Aditya Dhar wins National Film Award for Uri, says ‘josh is very, very high sir’. Read his full statement have 411 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.