BRUSSELS (AP) — The Latest on Europe’s heat wave (all times local): 6:10 p.m. The U.K.’s air traffic controller says it has fixed a technical issue that led to flight restrictions at the country’s airspace. The controller, NATS, says the problem has been fixed “sufficiently” at its Swanwick control center and will be able to safely increase traffic flow rates. The controller promised an improving picture through the rest of the day. Travelers at both Heathrow and Gatwick airports experienced delays, due in part to thunderstorms that followed the hottest July day in the U.K. on record. ADVERTISEMENT NATS said the “weather is continuing to cause significant unrelated disruption across the country and more widely across Europe, which has further complicated today’s operation.” Thursday may end up being the hottest day ever recorded in the U.K. Britain’s weather service says provisional temperature of 38.7 Celsius (101.7 Fahrenheit) was recorded during this week’s heat wave — but it still needs to be confirmed. ___ 6:05 p.m. Tourists in Rome, where afternoon temperatures hit 38 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit), have been enjoying free bottles of water handed out near the Colosseum. Volunteers on Friday distributed the bottles to sweltering visitors near… Read full this story
- Opinion: Privatizing air traffic control not safe
- The Latest: UK’s May says child policy wrong; Trump welcome
- MA Traffic Reaches 'Tipping Point:' State Report Surprises None
- UK policies “will destroy the proud legacy” of British aviation
- A quarter of UK flights were disrupted by delays or cancellations this year – here’s how to claim compo if you were affected
- An Insider’s Guide to Brighton and Hove, UK
- 'Something resembling hell': how does the rest of the world view the UK?
- The Latest: Cuomo blames airport delays on 'federal madness'
- UK weather causes chaos on train, planes and motorways as heatwave is followed by storms and flooding
- ‘Spend the Minimum’: How Lion Air Hid Equipment Failures and Beat Regulators
The Latest: UK air traffic problems fixed ‘sufficiently’ have 320 words, post on apnews.com at July 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.