Speaking at the opening ceremony, Thai Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Apirat Sugondhabhirom expressed his delight at the strong growth of Vietnam – Thailand relations and economic cooperation, as reflected through activities held by the Thai Consulate General across localities, particularly in Ben Tre and the Mekong Delta.
As of the beginning of 2019, Thailand’s total investment in 77 projects in the delta reached nearly 1.7 billion USD.
According to Director of the Ben Tre Department of Industry and Trade Le Van Khe, the week is important to the expansion of trade ties between Vietnam and Thailand. It offers opportunities for businesses from Ben Tre and Thailand to exchange experience and form partnerships, in contribution to boosting bilateral import-export and investment.
As of June, Ben Tre housed eight Thai-funded projects worth more than 194 million USD, which accounted for 18 percent of the total foreign direct capital channelled into the province during the period.-VNA
- Hurricane Irma forcing Dolphins-Buccaneers Week 1 opener out of Miami
- Fantasy Premier League advice Week 2: Start Ben Foster, Luke Shaw
- Bill Simmons’ new HBO show ‘Any Given Wednesday’ to debut this week with guests Ben Affleck, Charles Barkley
- Weeks family opens fish market in Bonita after closing camp
- The 5 must-see shows during Broadway Week 2018
- Review: Jason Dady’s Tre Trattoria finds new life on the River Walk at SAMA
- Thailand's rescued cave boys complete their time as novice Buddhist monks
- Tre Trattoria at the Museum Now Serves Breakfast
- Here’s everything Tom Herman said during press conference to open Longhorns’ fall camp
- Former linebacker Tre' Williams joins Auburn's recruiting staff