Southwest Airlines announced it would cease operations at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey due to the dozens of flights being canceled daily because of the Boeing 737 Max grounding.Southwest employees, which the AP reported total 125, will be transferred to La Guardia Airport or have an opportunity to relocate somewhere in the company’s network. Flights out of the New York region will be consolidated to LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International “to mitigate damages,” CEO Gary Kelly said. Southwest ran 15 midway flights daily to Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Phoenix, and Denver, among others.Rising flight costs in the area are unlikely, as there are a handful of nearby options for travelers, including the New York airports and Philadelphia International, which is just over an hour-and-a-half drive and accessible on public transit.During its second-quarter earnings call on Thursday, the company said it will focus consolidating its resources elsewhere, with a larger emphasis on its market in California and Hawaii, Kelly confirmed to analysts.Operating income for Southwest’s second quarter was $968 million — $4 million less than the same period the year before, the New York Times reported.The Boeing 737 Max plane was grounded in March after deadly incidents involving the… Read full this story
- Southwest Airlines Co Ranked Among Today’s Trending Stocks
- Southwest Airlines expects the Delta variant to crimp demand.
- Photos show Southwest Airlines flight attendant pummeled by passenger
- Why HCA Healthcare, Southwest Airlines, And Verizon Communications Remain Attractive Post 2Q21 Earnings
- Why Southwest Airlines Stock Took Flight in the First Half of 2021
- Southwest Airlines tells mum to glue mask to toddler’s face
- Southwest Warns That The Delta Variant Is Cutting Into Travel Demand. Airline Investors Yawn.
- Southwest doubtful it will turn third-quarter profit without federal assistance
- A Southwest Passenger Punched Out A Flight Attendant’s Teeth Last Weekend
- Airline Fees Are Here To Stay Because Of Their Economic Attractiveness
Southwest Airlines pulling out of Newark airport have 308 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at July 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.