Hanoi (VNA) – The House of Representatives of the Philippines on July 22 elected Alan Peter Cayetano as the 22nd Speaker of the House.
Earlier, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte endorsed Cayetano’s Speakership.
Duterte’s spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Cayetano, 48, will be the Speaker in the first 15 months. After that, a new Speaker will be named, he added.
Cayetano was named as Foreign Secretary in 2017. He resigned in 2018 to run for a seat in the House of Representatives in May 2019.
Vicente Sotto was reelected as Senate President.-VNA
- Dazzling interactive 3D artwork visualizes the tragic affordable housing crisis in New York City
- Body Of Woman Found After House Fire In New Bedford
- House Has a New Plan to Pass Self-driving Bill in 2019
- New Speaker Of The House Caught Wearing Women’s Clothing
- House Dems In New Seats Of Power Will Steer Health Policy, Attack Drug Prices
- Bones From Philippine Cave Reveal a New Human Cousin
- Facebooks New iOS App Represents Companys New Mobile-First Focus
- James Holmes Elected New NRA President
- Roxborough Wow! House: A Brand New Three-Story Townhouse That Won't Break The Bank
- House committee adopts new budget, with changes for Medicaid work requirement, insurance and cash reserve