Gabriel Flores of Paradise Hills remembers the golden days of his youth when he could buy a badge to Comic-Con for just $25 or $30.Those days are long gone, but the 30-something dad has found a new way to enjoy the convention at the no-badge-required activation zones that stretch for a half-mile along Harbor Drive from Park Boulevard to Front Street. For most of these activations, all you’ll need is some patience for the long lines you’ll encounter, sunblock and a good pair of walking shoes.Flores and his 12-year-old daughter, Summer, were queued up Friday morning in the free T-shirt line for Discovery Channel’s “Shark Week” promotion at the Petco Park Interactive Zone. After spending an hour or so there, they planned to spend the rest of the day working their way west to the Ferris wheel at the Fox Fun Fair.“It’s fun to see all the stuff and try new things,” said Summer Flores, who was visiting her dad for the weekend from her home in El Centro. Here’s a look at some of the many free activities available for families at the Petco Park Interactive Zone and Fox Fun Fair. Parking downtown is limited this weekend, so take… Read full this story
- The X-Men’s X of Swords event is over, but it changed mutantdom forever
- This Batman comic has the most accurate fake Twitch chat I’ve ever seen
- Best outdoor home security cameras of 2020
- The best outdoor home security cameras for 2020
- Pandemic Problems: Should I travel to visit my partner’s anti-mask family in Southern California?
- Pandemic Problems: I moved to the Bay Area right before the pandemic. How do I make new friends?
- Federal government details plans to distribute free Covid-19 vaccines
- Curbing on-air bigotry: On free speech, hate speech and regulation
- The bestselling NutriBullet is now £57.99 in the Amazon Black Friday Week Event (that's a saving of £32)
- Apex Legends' Holo-Day Bash Event Returns This December
No badge? No problem at mostly free Comic-Con outdoor events have 323 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.