The figures were made public at a conference to review the book street operation held in Ho Chi Minh City on July 17.
|Book-lovers on the book street|
The conference, jointly hosted by the Southern Office of the Vietnam Publishers’ Association and Ho Chi Minh City Book Street One Member Co., Ltd., revealed that publishers earned nearly VND 22.3 billion in turnover in the first six months of the year, an increase of 12 percent year on year.
Besides, the book street hosted diversified activities to meet the study, research and reading demand of local people and international tourists.
Attentively, the 11 book displays and 83 book introduction events and talks were held in a creative and attractive manner have been a great inspiration for readers.
In the remaining time of the year, the book street will host more important events in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the implementation of President Ho Chi Minh’s testament, the 75th anniversary of the August Revolution and National Day, the 75th founding anniversary of the Vietnam People’s Army, and announce the Ho Chi Minh City Children’s Book Awards.
Translated by Song Anh
- HCM City preparing for Tet flower street
- Jail term of 7-8 years proposed for former leader of HCM City
- HCM City’s longest bar serves the best of Western, Asian fare
- HCM City to welcome the New Year with "Lights 2020"
- Former HCM City district official to buy house for homeless
- HCM City to invest in public transport in new residential areas
- HCM City: South Korean man arrested for murder
- HCM City solicits foreign-invested firms’ support to develop economy
- HCM City strengthens preventive measures against African swine fever
- Tay Ninh promotes safe agricultural products, foodstuff in HCM City