Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) should be a national innovation centre and a pioneer in economic reform, Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue said at a teleconference on July 18.
The official suggested the ministry set up a working group in charge of reviewing institution-related bottlenecks and proposing countermeasures.
He asked the ministry to further improve the legal system on investment and business, make progress in public investment disbursement, especially official development assistance (ODA) and Government bonds, and help to accelerate the implementation of national target programmes.
Other tasks include developing the collective economy, selecting foreign investors and soon devising the mid-term public investment plan for 2021-2025, he said.
MPI Minister Nguyen Chi Dung said during the first half of this year, the planning, investment and statistics sector has taken the lead in innovation and reform in institution and law building, and planning.
He said that the amended Law on Public Investment, compiled by the MoPI, was adopted at the seventh meeting of the 14th National Assembly, adding that the ministry will draft important laws.
Besides, the ministry completed many major programmes and projects like the 2019 National Population and Housing Census and the White Book on Vietnamese Businesses.
Its project on a sharing economy was also submitted to the Prime Minister for approval, which is expected to create a foundation for the building and development of digital economic models in the future.
At the teleconference, representatives of ministries, agencies and localities pointed out shortcomings in the sector, especially those regarding the implementation of the Planning Law.-VNA
- Erdogan pledges economic reforms following local elections
- Indonesian Culture and Tourism Ministry urging moratorium on new hotel development in Bali Through 2015
- Awkward: Jay Leno Joke Tying Casey Anthony To Obama’s Economic Reform Bombs Miserably
- Central bank tops Public Administration Reform Index again
- China urges Japan to ensure rights of 2 in shrine protest
- Brazil ministry tells schools to recite Bolsonaro slogan
- Egypt's president urges listing military firms on stock market
- Romney Gets Specific On Immigration Reform At Hispanic Leadership Conference
- Law on special economic units aims to create new momentum
- Vietnam-China workshop provides insights into reform experience