Former Vice President Joe Biden is banking on his more moderate political stance to bring it home in 2020. The Democratic presidential candidate believes that someone who is more moderate—such as himself—will prove victorious up against President Donald Trump as compared to some of his more liberal opponents. And in fending off some criticism he’s received from progressives in Congress, he says the party needs someone moderate to take on Trump. “Look, who won last time out? And by the way, I think [Alexandria] Ocasio-Cortez is a brilliant, bright woman, but she won a primary. In general election fights, who won?” Biden said in a wide-ranging CNN interview. “Mainstream Democrats who are very progressive on social issues and very strong on education, health care. Look, my North Star is the middle class. When the middle class does well, everybody does well.” Biden further argued that Representative Ocasio-Cortez, a freshman liberal from New York, held a political stance that was too far to the left for a presidential candidate to maintain and defeat Trump. He said Medicare for All was an irrational policy to support, and he argued that most Democrats are “center-left” and not “way left.” Facing fresh criticism for… Read full this story
- Former Vice President Joe Biden to make third run for the White House
- North Korea slams Joe Biden for criticizing leader Kim Jong-un
- Biden stops just short of saying he's running in 2020
- Former Vice President Biden salutes McCain as 'a brother'
- For inspiration, new Democratic stars look to Elizabeth Warren
- No retreat from Asia pivot regardless of who wins U.S. presidency: Biden
- Backing Clinton, U.S. Democrats warn against 'unsteady' Trump
- Biden predicts U.S. Democrats will keep Senate
- Fashion style of US vice president’s wife Jill Biden in Vietnam
- Biden says to decide next year if to run for US presidency
Joe Biden: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is 'Brilliant, Bright Woman,' but Mainstream Democrat Will Win 2020 have 303 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.