The Iranian flag has been hoisted over seized British oil tanker Stena Impero, in new footage broadcast on state TV. Footage also shows Iranian armed forces patrolling the decks of the oil tanker after the Iranian Revolutionary Guard seized it in the Strait of Hormuz at 4pm on Friday. The clip seems to have been recorded in the southern port of Bandar Abbas, where an Iranian official earlier confirmed the 23-strong crew of the British-registered tanker were ‘safe and in good health’ It comes after dramatic audio emerged of the moment a British warship ordered Iranian special forces not to board the previously UK-flagged oil tanker moments before it was hijacked. As the situation in the Persian Gulf threatened to spiral out of control, Prime Minister Theresa May announced that she will hold a meeting of Britain’s emergencies committee Monday to discuss the UK’s next moves. ‘As well as receiving the latest updates from ministers and officials, the… meeting will discuss the maintenance of the security of shipping in the Persian Gulf,’ a Downing Street spokeswoman said Sunday. New footage that has been broadcast on Iranian state TV shows the seized British-registered oil tanker having an Iranian flag hoisted above it … Read full this story
- Kim Jong-un missing for another 12 days since ‘alive’ footage emerged as US spooks admit they can’t prove it was real
- Britain is warned not to break lockdown to celebrate VE Day as Boris Johnson prepares 'to keep restrictions until at least June' with just 'baby steps' out to be announced on Sunday
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Public Health England approves FIRST antibody test as death toll hits 33,186
- TV and film production crews can start filming again – but the cast must stay socially distanced as shows including Coronation Street and EastEnders run low on episodes
- Iranian Navy ‘accidentally kills 19 of its own sailors when warship fires missile into its supporting boat’
- The big gamble: the dangerous world of British betting shops
- A salute to the greatest generation: Donald Trump marks the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe by laying a wreath at national memorial and thanking veterans of the war
- Defiant lockdown Brits join Katherine Jenkins in mass singalong of ‘We’ll Meet Again’ to mark VE Day
- British Airways scraps £300m payout to shareholders to protect its 'liquidity' against coronavirus after furloughing 36,000 staff - amid claims Spanish owners have 'sucked life out of airline'
- How The World’s Biggest Producers Are Plotting Their Way Out Of The Pandemic
Iran taunts Britain by hosting its flag over seized UK tanker: State TV broadcasts new footage of Tehran's forces on the decks of the UK-registered Stena Impero have 413 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.