The festival is to take place in the former imperial capital of Hue nearly a month earlier than its previous editions. Artists from 20 countries in the world will be invited to perform at the event, making it a biggest gala to date.
The participating countries have been chosen from five continents: South Korea, China, Israel, Singapore and the Philippines (Asia); France, Belgium, Russia, England, Italy, Denmark and Hungary (Europe); the U.S., Colombia, Mexico, Haiti, Cuba and Chile (Americas); Australia (Oceania); and Egypt (Africa).
Hue Festival 2020 will include street carnivals, ao dai (Vietnam’s traditional dress) shows, international food festivals and many art performances.
The event will be a good opportunity for international visitors to see how the heritage town has come a long way from being the imperial capital of Vietnam’s last ruling dynasty (1802-1945) to a rising tourism star in the central region, Hue officials said.
Hue, the capital of Thue Thien-Hue Province, stands out from other parts of the country with its Imperial Citadel and royal tombs.
Thue Thien-Hue, in central Vietnam, received more than 4.3 million visitors last year, an increase of 14 percent over the same period in 2017. The number included 2.2 million foreigners.
Visitors from South Korea made up the largest group, accounting for a third of the total foreign visitors.
Hue from above: Bird view of Vietnam’s former capital Hue under the Nguyen Dynasty
- Rumour: Sony tested “PS3mote” earlier this year
- The New Day Makes Hilarious Entrance at Wrestlemania 33 Dressed in Final Fantasy XIV Garb [UPDATED]
- London Games Festival Returns For Third Year
- Ubuntu's Vivid Vervet Makes Snappy Entrance
- London Games Festival to take a year off
- LogMeIn Makes Bold360 Entrance at CRM Party
- Sony Makes Quirky Entrance Into Tablet Market
- Flu Forecasting Tool Uses Evolution to Make Earlier Predictions
- Take-Two has 33 games in development, sports business to make loss this year
- Take-Two Will Not Make GTA a Yearly Franchise