Although export turnover of the city still maintained good growth, experts said that export of city-based enterprises showed signs of slowdown in comparison with the same period last year due to negative impacts from global economic movements, especially at key economies – top trade partners of Vietnam – amid increasing tensions caused by the trade war between the US and China and the UK’s withdrawal from the EU without an agreement.
As for each industry, export turnover of agro-forestry-aquatic products merely reached $2.3 billion, down 3.49 percent over the same period last year, due to several difficulties. Some products saw excessive supply, low prices, increasing competition and stagnant consumption. Industrial and other products posted more positive growth with export turnover at $12.9 billion, up 14 percent and $1.38 billion, up 14.1 percent over the same period last year, respectively.
Import turnover of city-based enterprises via border gates was estimated at $24.82 billion, up 9.4 percent over the same period last year. Trade deficit was $5.2 billion.
By Phuc Anh – Translated by Thuy Doan
- Agricultural export turnover hits US$ 30 bln. In Jan-Sept period
- Rice exports bring home 2.24 billion USD in nine months
- U.S. Factory Gauge Hits 10-Year Low as World Slowdown Widens
- Slowdown Tales: Bhiwandi's power looms fall silent
- Brexit prompts slowdown in manufacturing as firms shun UK
- Home Affairs attempts to allay concerns about Australian exporters for encryption-busting Bill
- Border crackdown, US slowdown has Mexican migrants giving up sooner
- Commerce Dept.: Economy grew in 3Q, fueled by cars, homes spending; this signals end of recession
- MTA warns of massive ‘system wide’ subway delays Wednesday due to signal problems
- A signal that satellite merger's near