Under the deal, the UK Consulate General will work together with the municipal Transport Department to launch a project to develop a smart ticket system for the city’s public transport network.
It will also work with the municipal Construction Department to implement a project on developing a Geographic Information System for the city’s water drainage network.
Addressing the signing ceremony, Ngo Minh Chau, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, hailed the positive contribution of the UK Consulate General and Ian Gibbons in boosting the cooperation and friendship between the two countries and between the UK and HCM City.
He suggested the UK Consulate General continue supporting HCM City in building and developing the smart urban, especially in the building of a financial centre, and innovation promotion.
Ian Gibbons said the UK is ready to partner with the City in fields of shared interest to bring practical benefits to both sides and contribute to enhance the bilateral ties. -VNA
- HCM City turns landfills into public parks
- Traditional martial arts festival held in HCM City
- HCM City triumph at national swimming champs
- HCM City celebrates Indian Diwali Festival
- Tết specialities for sale in HCM City
- Day trip for HCM City residents
- 'Hungry' Pep Guardiola demands continued intensity if Man City are to build on success
- HCM City desirous of stepping up connections with Australia
- Valeo and Cisco partner for smart and autonomous parking
- Mitsubishi, USC partner on smart grid study with 12 i electric vehicles