The gunman who murdered three people at a food festival in Northern California on Sunday posted about a far-right book on Instagram moments before the attack. Law enforcement on Monday identified Santino William Legan, 19, as the shooter who opened fire at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Police said Legan dodged security at the festival’s entrance by cutting through a fence to gain entry. Once inside, witnesses said he sprayed gunfire on the crowd with an “assault-style rifle” before police killed him. Authorities said Monday they were still investigating reports of a second suspect and whether Legan had ties to any group. Shortly before the shooting around 6 p.m., Legan posted a picture from the festival on his now-deleted Instagram account reviewed by The Daily Beast. “Ayyy garlic festival time,” he wrote. “Come get wasted on overpriced shit.” Soon after, he posted a picture with a caption that told followers to read a 19th-century, proto-fascist book. The book, which is repeatedly recommended alongside works by Hitler and other fascists on forums like 8chan, is full of anti-Semitic, sexist and white supremacist ideology. The book glorifies “Aryan” men, condemns inter-marriage between races, and defends violence based on bogus eugenicist tropes. Ideologically motivated… Read full this story
- Hoang Xuan Vinh shooter qualifies for 2012 London Olympics
- US journalists' shooter said he was 'human powder keg'
- Samsung Galaxy Camera review: a 21x compact shooter brought to life by Android
- 'Hoodie' jackets in focus after US teen's shooting
- Carroll heroics book FA Cup final date
- Part 3: People’s right to enjoy cultural products increasingly improved
- Bringing books to villages - Thach’s one-man mission
- Tet brings London another festive season
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 14/11
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 23/8
Gilroy Garlic Festival Shooter Posted About Far-Right Book Moments Before Shooting have 275 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.