Speaking at a conference in Ho Chi Minh City on July 24, Nguyen Quoc Toan, the authority’s director, said: “The domestic agro-forestry and fishery processing industry had an annual growth rate of 5-7 percent over the past 10 years, creating a system with total processing capacity of about 120 million tons of farm produce materials a year.” The country is home to over 7,500 enterprises involved in agro, forestry and fishery processing on an industrial scale for export, besides tens of thousands of small-scale processing facilities serving the domestic market. “The processing industry has significantly increased the value of Vietnamese agricultural products, contributing to building a modern agricultural system,” Toan said. However, the industry’s development has not been commensurate with its potential, he said. Shortcomings and bottlenecks in its value chain include the low level of processing technology, lack of diversity of processed products, and weak linkages among stakeholders in material supply, processing and consumption. Visitors look at processed farm produce on display at the Vietnam International Exhibition on Processing, Packaging and Preserving Food and Agricultural Products held in HCM City. Dr. Le Manh Hung, a representative of the Sub-Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology in the South, said… Read full this story
- Exports of Ukrainian farm produce to EU grow to US$6.3 bln last year
- Farmers urged to become bird watchers for yearly bird count
- 23% fall in farming incomes 'highlights need for Brexit deal'
- Wallace lashed for 'brass-necked hypocrisy' after remarks comparing farming to fracking
- Northern Ireland farm incomes to fall dramatically amid no-deal Brexit warnings
- The unstoppable rise of podcasts: How an industry was reborn
- Blockchain oil firm taps former JP Morgan director as new chief
- Theresa May urged to keep focus on getting a deal as Brexit may be put on hold
- Marketing workshops for producers
- BBC executive Jackie Edwards tapped to head new £57m BFI children's TV fund
Farm produce processing industry urged to tap potential have 303 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.