Nifty failed to extend gains for the fifth consecutive session on July 5 and closed sharply lower as traders preferred profit booking after presentation of the Budget. Benchmark indices fell sharply for first time in last five straight sessions after Budget failed to boost sentiment.The index ended way below 11,900 and formed large bearish candle on daily charts while for the week it gained 0.2 percent and as it saw a formation of Shooting Star, which implies that selling pressure was seen at higher levels.The BSE Sensex fell 394.67 points to 39,513.39 and the Nifty50 declined 135.60 points to 11,811.20. About two shares declined for every share rising on the BSE.Close Here are list the top stock movers for the week: related news Kolte-Patil Developers share price gains 12% on sale of 500 flats in Pune Star Paper, Malu Paper, Emami Paper share prices rally 10% on budget incentive buzz D-Street Buzz: Metal stocks outshine led by JSPL, Tata Steel; Tata Motors up 3%, pharma drags Top GainersAdani Power, up 24%Share price of Adani Power gained as much as 24 percent for the week. The company said it will acquire GMR Chhattisgarh Energy Ltd(GCEL) as the consortium of lenders has… Read full this story
- Taking Stock: RBI commentary helps bulls push Sensex higher; Nifty reclaims 11,200
- 'Be cautious if Nifty decisively breaks 10,800; but these 3 stocks can return 13-21% in short-term'
- Nifty could trade in 11,400-10,700 range this week with a mixed bias; 4 stocks to buy
- RBI policy, macro data, company earnings to decide market course this week: Experts
- Taking Stock: Bulls push Nifty higher for 6th day; small & midcaps under pressure
- Kirk Franklin Scores 50th Week Atop Gospel Songwriters Chart
- Expert advice: Avoid these stocks and IPOs
- Taking Stock: Profit booking at higher levels, crucial support placed at 8,800
- BSE revises circuit filter for over 600 stocks; limit of Avenue Supermarts, Birla Corp, SpiceJet bumped up to 20%
- Momentum oscillator indicates Nifty could consolidate; three stocks for short term
Check out the top stock movers for the week: Adani Power, YES Bank lead the charts have 311 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at July 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.