|Local people donating their blood|
According to Deputy Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Van Phong, this is the third time that the program has been held in the province. He emphasized that blood donation is a noble deed, reflecting the humanity tradition of the Vietnamese people.
The “Red Journey” was launched by the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion to collect blood to ease a blood shortage in hospitals, especially in summer. Since its launch in 2013, the program has collected more than 160,000 units of blood, contributing to saving many patients’ lives. This seventh event is taking place from June 13 to July 28 in 39 provinces and cities across the country.
On the occasion, Bac Ninh province honored 75 individuals with great contributions to blood donation activities in the province in this year.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Blood donation: Everything you've ever needed to know
- What To Do Before, During And After Blood Donation
- Blog: How I fainted during my first blood donation and why I will try it again
- Raj Nivas hosts blood donation camp to mark Volunteer Day
- ‘Blood donation also helps identify the donor’s HIV status’
- SEVENTY Labour whistleblowers condemn Jeremy Corbyn over Labour's anti-Semitism crisis as 53-page report claims 'officials objected to Jewish people joining the party and asked to inspect their HOMES'
- Bac Giang brightens up prospects with new rural development programme
- More than 200 lives a year could be saved if ‘opt-out’ organ donation system adopted in England
- Things People Donate Other Than Money
- Finger prick blood tests may be unreliable: study