Hanoi (VNA) – As many as 39,900 Vietnamese tourists visited Japan in May, up 41.6 percent year-on-year, the Japanese Tourism Agency (JTA) reported on June 19.
According to statistics from JTA, the number of foreign holiday-makers visiting Japan last month increased 3.7 percent to over 2.7 million, mainly from the US, Europe and Asian nations; while that of tourists from Indonesia, the Republic of Korea (RoK), Singapore and Taiwan (China) to Japan has fallen because air ticket prices soared
By country and region, China topped the list with 756,400, up 13.1 percent from a year before. It was followed by the RoK and Taiwan with 603,400 and 246,500, respectively.
Meanwhile, the number of tourists from Russia to Japan in the period surged 30.2 percent to 9,700.
In the first five months of 2019, the total number of foreign visitors to “cherry blossom country” reached over 13.7 million, 4.2 percent higher than that of the same period last year.
To meet the goal of attracting 40 million foreign visitors in 2020 when the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics will be held, the agency said it will step up marketing and promotion efforts.-VNA
- Why 41 Percent of You Would Fail a PCI Audit
- RSA 2010: Why 41 Percent of You Would Fail a PCI Audit
- PM Phuc welcomes Japan’s new visa program
- Update: eBay, Yahoo Japan to tie up in auctions
- Russians add fun and flavor to World Cup opener in Japan
- Nielsen: Twitter grows user base almost 1,500 percent in May
- Employer Health Insurance Premiums Jump 41% in 6 Years
- More Than 40 Percent of Youtube Traffic is Now From Mobile
- Tokyo Olympic Stadium 90 percent finished
- Report: Only 3 percent of U.S. companies pay attackers after ransomware infections