At the forum (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The seventh women’s forum of Vietnam and the Republic of Korea (RoK) was held in Hanoi on June 25 by the Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU) and the Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI). The forum focused on safety for women and children towards realising the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In opening the event, President of the VWU Central Committee Nguyen Thi Thu Ha said in the past six years, the forum has provided a venue for women of the two nations to share experience in integrating gender issues in the building of policies and regulations, as well as in women’s development. This year, the forum focused on experiences of Vietnam and the RoK to ensure safety for women and children, which is viewed as a significant goal among the SDGs by both countries. Ha said that the VWU has always paid attention to and act towards safety and development of Vietnamese women and children. She spoke highly of the RoK’s project to create women-friendly cities, which was carried out in various localities, with Seoul capital city being a model at the cost of 708 billion KRW (nearly 600 million USD). She… Read full this story
- Vietnam, Australia cooperate in empowering women in foreign service
- A NARROW 'VIEW'. A show created as a forum for empowering women has reinforced the worst female stereotypes. Thanks a lot!
- China police rescue 22 abducted women, children from human-trafficking ring
- Roadside bomb hits Afghan wedding party; kills 21 civilians including women, children
- Switzerland man confesses to abusing 114 mentally disabled men, women & children: Swiss police
- RoK’s National Foundation Day marked in HCM City
- Thousands More Migrant Children Were Separated From Parents, New Watchdog Report Finds
- Over 1,600 Miles of an ‘Insane Obstacle Course,’ a Gut Check for Women
- Dream lottery funds raised help support programs at BC Children’s Hospital
- RoK waives visa application fee for Vietnamese visitors
Vietnam, RoK’s forum discusses safety for women, children have 313 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.